Who doesn't know the feeling - dry, brittle, even cracked hands in the autumn and winter months. In a few weeks, the days will be shorter, the mornings darker and the air dry and cold. But this time BAYAGE is by your side and we'll show you how to keep your hands supple and smooth.
First of all, we want to explain why we get dry hands at all. This is mainly because our hands have fewer oil glands than other parts of the body and our backhand has a thinner layer of skin. Therefore, they generally have a weaker protective film and are more sensitive to external influences. A lot of hand washing and disinfecting, nail polish remover and household detergents already put enough strain on our hands. In addition, in winter there is the permanent temperature change from inside to outside and the dry, cold air. Our hands can hardly stand up to this alone.
We concluded 5 tips and tricks to keep your hands smooth and supple:
- Wear gloves - some people might do it anyway, others might forget to do it in the morning stress. In general, however, you should get used to wearing gloves in winter to protect your hands.
- Be careful when washing your hands - many hand soaps have an alkaline pH-value which interrupts the natural protective film of the skin. Therefore, it is better to use pH neutral soaps with caring ingredients such as glycerine, aloe vera or jojoba oil.
- CREAM, CREAM, CREAM! - this simply cannot be avoided! Pay attention here to the ingredients, because many do not really moisturize, but only give a short-term feeling of softness. Our THE HAND CREAM contains rich substances that ensure that your hands are well cared for without leaving an oily film.
- Night cure - in the evening simply apply a thick layer of shea butter or a large amount of hand cream, then wrap your hands in a warm, damp cloth and leave to absorb for 15 minutes. The warm cloth ensures that the pores on the hand open a little and the cream/moisture can be better absorbed.
- No hot water when washing your hands - it is tempting to warm up your hands under the hot tap when you arrive home. However, hot water attacks the natural protective film much faster and removes natural fats and oils.
We hope that our tips will make your winter months a little easier and keep your hands smooth. Feel free to share your own tips and tricks in the comments under this post - we look forward to it!